PRS Mont Liggins Early Career Award
The PSANZ-PRS Mont Liggins Early Career Award is a new prestigious award established in 2014 in partnership with the Perinatal Research Society (http://perinatalresearchsociety.org). PRS was established in 1969 and shares many aims of PSANZ: to foster multidisciplinary scientific interchange in the field of perinatology and developmental biology, and to foster early research careers. PRS holds an annual weekend meeting in North America in September at which lectures are presented by internationally renowned experts followed by discussion. There are a limited number of invited lectures by early research career investigators – these are prestigious invitations which facilitate networking and discussion with senior investigators.
The winner of the PSANZ-PRS Mont Liggins Early Career Award will be one of these invited early research career speakers, supported by grants from PRS and PSANZ. PRS will cover registration, which includes accommodation and all meals, and an honorarium towards travel (currently set at US $600). PSANZ will provide AUS $2,000 towards travel costs.
- Awarded PhD / MD within the last 5 years, OR
- Received professional vocational qualification within the past 5 years AND is enrolled in an MD / PhD
- Research is aligned with the disciplines of Neonatology, Basic Science or Obstetrics (note that the awardee does not need to be from one of these disciplines, but the research presented must align with one of these disciplines)
- Has not received the PSANZ-PRS Mont Liggins Early Career Award previously
- Commitment to attend the PRS meeting in the September following the PSANZ Congress at which the award is won
- Commitment to provide feedback to PSANZ in the form of a newsletter article about the research and the award.
- The award will be made to the best oral presentation at the PSANZ congress by an eligible presenter • Presentations will be judged on the basis of scientific merit, on clarity and excellence of the presentation and on ability to answer questions from the audience
- If a PRS member is present at the PSANZ congress, then a PRS member will form part of the judging panel with the remaining judges selected by the Local Organising Committee in consultation with the PSANZ executive